Goblins and witches and ghosts, oh my! How many of these ghoulish creatures will you be greeting this Halloween? Hopefully youâll have the candy and creepy (but cute) ambiance to avoid the âtrickâ end of âtrick-or-treat!â If you havenât yet decorated for the holiday, donât worry. Here are five easy ideas for a âspook-tacularâ home.
- Eerie Entranceway
- Paint black jack-o-lantern faces on small, glass votives. Drop a flameless tealight candle in each of them and use them to decorate around your front door.
- Frightening Florals
- Black calla lilies have a wonderful dark, purply color. Plant some in flower pots around your home for a gloomy look with an exotic twist.
- Ravenâs Nest Wreath
- Remember last year when you werenât as prepared for Halloween? Nevermore. Grab a twig wreath from your local craft store and place a faux black bird in the middle.
- Black Cat Pumpkins
- Paint two pumpkins, one smaller and one larger, all black. Stack the smaller one on top of the other, and add eyes, a nose, and whiskers. Add cat ears cut from card stock and stand back! You wonât want these bad boys crossing your path.
- Mummified Glassware
- Whether youâre serving up a glass of pumpkin flavored punch or a dish of fun sized candy bars, dress up your glassware to match the mood. Tape gauze to the bottom of the cup and wrap upwards, tucking in an end piece at the top to secure it.
With decorations like these, you just might have trick-or-treaters flocking to your homeâif theyâre not too scared, that is!
The post 5 Creative Ways to Decorate Your Home for Halloween first appeared on Century 21Â®.